Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still in the land of the living, but only just!

OK, so it has been forever since you heard from us, but it was a tough start to the year! At work we were launched into the news with all the Competition Commission investigations, which was incredibly hectic and then the following week my boss told us all that he had received a promotion, so since the third week of January we have all wondered who the new MD will be, and we finally heard last week. It hasn't left me with a lot of time to arrange hand over meetings, and introductory meetings with everyone, but that is how it goes!

From the third week of Jan through to about the end of Feb, one or more of us were sick, and there were a couple of days where Steve and I had to juggle being at home and also had totally sleepless nights. We had tummy bugs, croup, tonsilitis and general colds and coughs - wonderful!

I have also taken on a different portfolio at SAMBA, so am no longer the Samaritan support, but am now co-ordinating the seminars and doing general PRO. I had my first seminar this past weekend, so spent nights and days sorting and arranging. It was great fun, but very exhausting. I will make sure I am more organised next time around!

Steve has been busy studying most nights, so last week we both took a day off work to spend some time together. We went to breakfast and then a Hobby expo which was interesting, but it was astounding to see the way some of the woment there grabbed stuff as if it was the last sale on earth! They all bought so much stuff, they were wheeling around these huge trolleys full of beads, paper and other odds and ends! Quite a site to see.

The kids are now fine, and their little personalities are so cute! I obviously say something quite a lot in the car while driving, but didn't realise it until I heard it repeated from the back seat. While stopped behind a car at stop street the other day I heard from both of them "Go Dude!" Well, I guess it could have been worse! Also when I take them to school, we look at various things and discuss them. The craze at the moment are busses, motorbikes and purple cars. Whenever we see those, I obviously say "Look, guys at the ...". So, now they say that too! 'Guys, look!" It is too funny for words!

This past weekend was Granny Lesley's birthday, and two little ones blew out a candle and sang Happys to her via skype - oh the joys of technology!

Time to go for now, but I promise it won't be that long til the next one!




No comments: